Go Back   CICENetwork - Forums > General > CICENet General

Old 03-23-2010   #21
GIANT
CICENet Member

Luke I got pulled over again about 3 weeks ago and got a warning but that is only because I had an expired insurance card I forgot to put the new one in my wallet. So he gave me a warning for the exhaust and a ticket for the insurance (which was current) so a week later went to the Clerk and showed valid insurance and ticket was gone.

I think I am going to keep expired ticket in car at all times and show that to them and play dumb to avoid exhaust tickets. That is the 6th time I have been pulled over in a year and a half.

Insurance ticket must be more quota than exhaust up here.
GIANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2010   #22
mx6prober
CICENet Senior Guru

I dont know why you had your license taken away I dont think its a moving violation. I got pulled over for tint in my truck and he gave me a 75 dollar ticket but no license taken or anything. Is your exaust over 90db? I think thats the legal noise limit.
mx6prober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #23
Chefasaurus
I is in your threadz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx6prober View Post
I dont know why you had your license taken away I dont think its a moving violation. I got pulled over for tint in my truck and he gave me a 75 dollar ticket but no license taken or anything. Is your exaust over 90db? I think thats the legal noise limit.
Vagifornia's legal limit is 95dB @ 75 feet, IIRC.

His exhaust is LOUD. And, hate to say it Luke, but it has that "rice rocket" sound that bounces around every building... You can hear it blocks and blocks away. Not to say that my exhaust is the quietest ever made... but it's likely louder inside the car than outside of it. There's a difference in sound. When it sounds like your eardrums are going to bleed, that's when Johnny Law start to notice it.

Like I said, I'll give you pointers on what I did to get out of mine, but ultimately, I think you're gonna have to change exhausts. An Apex-i WS2 would be my recommendation. Quiet, deep tone, and still legal.

1977 Mercury Monarch -"Project: Kustom Seventy-7"

John Deere Blitz Black Crew: Member #001

2010 Scion xD

1986 Volkswagen Jetta GL Wolfsburg

2011 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 6spd - "Lafawnduh"
Chefasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #24
variable
CICENet Posting Master

I put the stock exhaust back on. Its actually quite relaxing. No more worries. I checked the law for IL, it is very open to interpretation..it simply states any modification to the exhaust system that makes it louder than stock is illegal...so I guess im guilty if thats the case. Im just going to pay the ticket and get my license back and move on.
Old 03-23-2010   #25
jtbeche
Senior CICENet Member

Yeah, I think the cops just pick on import cars that are loud. My brother's 300z got pulled over for his exhaust but as was brought up Harley's NEVER get pulled over. I had a decently loud exhaust on my Mercedes CLK and never once even thought about getting pulled over. My Merc E55 isn't exactly quiet but I can't even imagine I'd ever get pulled over for it simply because of the make of the car.
jtbeche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #26
19Accord97
CICENet Posting Master

Yeah, ive got the Apexi WS2. However, the Greddy SP2 (If you can find it) is the same basically but a straight through design.

Good stufff
19Accord97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010   #27
Dom
CICENet Posting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbeche View Post
Yeah, I think the cops just pick on import cars that are loud. My brother's 300z got pulled over for his exhaust but as was brought up Harley's NEVER get pulled over. I had a decently loud exhaust on my Mercedes CLK and never once even thought about getting pulled over. My Merc E55 isn't exactly quiet but I can't even imagine I'd ever get pulled over for it simply because of the make of the car.
I know police in the Chicagoland suburbs will typically only give these types of tickets to ricer imports. Harley's and loud V8's usually never have a problem.
Old 03-24-2010   #28
CICENet Member

Unfortunately Empire is also IL 9 which is definately State Police territory. I try to stay off Empire espescially the mall west. Thats where County and State both come and go.

C.Hill

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

http://www.tailofthedragon.com <---- A test of driving ability and nerves.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010   #29
Z3papa
CICENet Valued Member

There are three State police officers living in the vicinity around Airport Rd. and GE Rd. All hand out tickets like candy. Recent articles suggest that part of Gov. Quinn's cost cutting is to substantially cut back on State Police highway patrols which means these guys may be going away. I've seen all three with cars stopped on Airport Rd. on the same time. A bit ridiculous but they will cite to justify their existence. I discussed the issue with Bill Yoder shortly after they showed up and he feined no knowledge.
Z3papa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010   #30
kyles1988
CICENet Posting Master

I got a front plate ticket a couple weeks ago. I took my car in with the plate ziptied on and the person behind the coutner didn't even come out. they just asked if I put the plate on and then when I said yes, they tore the ticket up. Look for the older lady at the Police station...shes pretty cool and says "her boys race cars so nothings loud to me"